Bullying hurts everyone. As union members, we have a role to play in combating workplace bullying. Come and talk about:
• What bullying is, and isn’t
• How bullying hurts the target, the witnesses, the employer, the union, and even the bully
• How not to be a bystander
• How the union can make a difference
Steward Learning Series
Handling Discipline & Discharge
For many stewards, discipline and discharge cases are the hardest grievances to handle. Learn about:
• key legal concepts and terms;
• the role of a steward during the employer’s investigation; when discipline is given; and during grievance meetings;
• how to develop effective arguments.
A refresher on basic grievance handling, this module highlights the steward’s role as educator. Participants teach each other “best practices” and share strategies for dealing with difficult grievances.
Representing Members in Front of Management
Stewards and supervisors are equals when they meet about labour relations. This module equips stewards to be proactive when meeting with management. Learn tips for effective meetings, and build confidence by practicing meeting situations.
Please make cheque payable to the Niagara District CUPE Council and mail to:
c/o Niagara Area Office
110A Hannover Drive, Suite 101
St. Catharines, ON L2W 1A4